Popular Posts

Monday, February 27, 2012

Living with medical problems

Life can be a real challenge especially if you have a medical condition. Even if the medical condition is something small it still becomes a personal challenge you have to overcome daily it can be hard to overcome for some people depending on how bad the symptoms are. You might find yourself struggling to get though the day. But have hope no matter what illness you are battling you aren't alone there is many other people who either have the same medical condition or have one which is similar.

Like for example I have a friend who has (OCD) Obsessive-compulsive disorder and for him it's pretty bad. He will see something out of place and spend time organizing it. Before I knew he had OCD I made the mistake of borrowing a dvd from his anime collection and I put it back in the wrong spot. Later I notice all of the dvd's off the shelf and hes reorganizing them all I ask him why he didn't just put the dvd back on the shelf without reorganizing and that's when I found out he had OCD he cannot take the simple way out for tasks like that otherwise he'll lose sleep over it. I try my best to support him and I know how much OCD frustrates him. I personally struggle with ADHD and while I've been taking herbal medicine to help which has been working for me without the vicious side effects I was battling with prescription drugs its still a challenge because of my diet which I neglect at times.

But if you know someone who has a medical problem similar to any of these show them your support they will appreciate it. Even if you don't have a condition sometimes just having someone tell you I'm here for you really makes us feel a lot better and having people we can depend on. And if you work as a cna or a doctor then I'm sure you meet people everyday that have challenges of some kind so you already know what there going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment